When I took a bite out of these meatballs for the first time I thought, “WOW. Now THIS is how a chicken meatball should taste!” They’re so packed with flavor, I found myself reaching to eat one for a snack during the day. Before I knew it, they were all gone so I definitely recommend making a double batch!
As far as the meal prep, I paired the meatballs with roasted veggies, cherry tomatoes, pickled onions, tzatziki sauce, cauliflower rice, arugula and salmon. This spread made for gorgeous mixing and matching options throughout the week. Gorgeous, yes, because they were truly vibrant with colors and textures! I think if I had to choose one type of food to live on for the rest of my life, I could easily do a Mediterranean diet. I’m obsessed with the colors, flavors and way the meals make me feel – they’re always light, but filling.
One thing about the meatball recipe – it’s so incredibly versatile. If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs, try flax seed meal. If you don’t have fresh herbs, used dried. Doing Whole30? Leave out the feta and panko! I prefer to bake meatballs to save time, but you could absolutely pan fry these on the stove. Make them bigger or make them one-bite size, just adjust the baking time accordingly. You could even roll them up, freeze them and save them to cook later!
- 1 package ground chicken
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 shallot, grated or minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- If you have time, let mixture sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Form mixture into about 12 meatballs, approximately 2 inches large, and place onto sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
If you make them, share a picture on Instagram and tag me, @gourmet_gab! I LOVE seeing these recipes in real life. So many of you are making these this week and it’s making me so excited!
Love food. Love self. Love life.