The Gourmet Gab team is growing! I’m super lucky to have a pretty amazing unofficial crew – Director Danielle, Kira from Kira’s Kitchen, co-workers who double as taste testers, and friends who serve as a PR team while they highlight and share Gourmet Gab news. Now I’m ready to add an official team member in the first ever intern position!
I’m looking for a right hand gal or guy to assist me developing partnerships and taking Gourmet Gab to the next level. If you’re a college student looking to get experience pitching marketing ideas and interacting with brands, this is perfect for you. In return for your time and talents, I can promise care-packages, first hand insight about Gourmet Gab happenings, mentoring and creative coaching, and fun.
If this description sounds like you, let’s talk!
You’re a college student who has a deep knowledge of food and knows your way around the kitchen. You are well-versed in popular food trends, blogs, websites and media. In your free time your friends will probably find you watching cooking videos and researching the next thing you’re going to create.
In your classes you’re learning how to be innovative at marketing and utilize digital platforms to tell a story. You have experience in a little bit of everything: marketing, public relations, social media, blogging and/or writing. You’ve got an entrepreneurial spirit and are a self-starter. You are ready for a chance to stretch your creativity, gain experience and think strategically.
The 411: Digital Marketing Internship
Hours: 15 hours a week, flexible with scheduling
Dates: January – May
- Research partnership opportunities and pitch ideas
- Communicate with brands to initiate collaborations
- Personalize brand pitches, assemble Gourmet Gab newsletters, engage in Pinterest and other social media as needed
- Potential for more editorial, writing or video editing dependent on candidate
- An understanding of the Gourmet Gab brand and content
- Passion for cooking and knowledge of food trends
- Studying marketing, business, public relations or journalism (or related)
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Great work ethic, but also a willingness to have fun!
- Understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, WordPress, Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Bonus: Knowledge of Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite, video editing skills
To Apply You’ll Need:
- A cover letter sharing why you want to be a part of the Gourmet Gab team
- Your resume
- A link to your portfolio or blog and Instagram
- Pitch three brands you think are a good fit for a Gourmet Gab partnership and give a brief explanation of what it would entail. Specific recipe? Instagram takeover? Multi-post series? Get creative and have fun! See past blog posts of collaborations with Keurig, Revival Food Co. and NYCIntern.
Submit materials by Sunday, January 15 for priority consideration. Email email@example.com with the subject: Gourmet Gab Internship.
I can’t wait to hear from you, read your ideas and get to know you!
Love food. Love self. Love life.