My Aunt Patty shared her recipe for these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies a couple years ago and I always look forward to the holidays so I can enjoy them. The pumpkin spice flavors compliment the rich chocolate chips so well. Pair these cookies alongside a cup of coffee or some vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yum!
Patty’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 can pumpkin (or 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Measure all dry ingredients (except sugar) into a separate smalls bowls cream butter and sugar together in larger bowl.
- Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla to butter and sugar. Blend/add in dry ingredients to wet. Add chips once well blended.
- Drop on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees, 12-20 minutes depending on cookie size.
- Bottoms should be light brown and cookies soft.
9 days until Christmas!0