When I think summer desserts, I think of s’mores. Every summer I visit my family at our lake cabin in Minnesota. After a long day of swimming, skiing, and grilling, we savor the sunshine until the very last drop. Just as the sun sets, we fire up the bonfire to make s’mores. A few years ago, my aunt introduced a twist to the s’mores routine – making them into a burrito – a s’mores burrito.
We take a flour tortilla, smear a little peanut butter in the middle, break up Hershey’s chocolate squares, top with a handful of mini marshmallows and microwave. Since the graham crackers are my favorite part of the s’more, I started adding some crumbled graham cracker pieces over the melted marshmallows. Roll up the melted PB chocolate marshmallow combo like a burrito and indulge immediately while it’s warm.
I like to use small flour tortillas so they are individual sized. It rolls up to be a perfect four-bite dessert! If you have extra fruit on hand, you can really play up the burrito factor and stuff in sliced strawberries, bananas, raspberries, or all of the above. Just a little balance of healthy and indulgent!
Head over to watch me make these s’mores burrito on Food Network’s Snapchat Discover channel right now! Here’s a real behind-the-scenes shot from the filming…I was caught red handed eating the s’mores burrito after we were done filming. It’s THAT good.
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1-2 squares of chocolate, or 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- Approximately ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- Graham cracker crumbs (about ¼ of a full graham cracker)
- Optional: sliced strawberries or bananas to stuff on the inside
- Lay flour tortilla on a plate.
- Spread peanut butter in the middle of the tortilla. Break up chocolate squares into pieces and place over peanut butter. Top with marshmallows.
- Microwave for no more than 20 seconds, watching to be sure marshmallows don't explode!
- Once chocolate is melted and marshmallows are soft and gooey, break up graham cracker into pieces on top.
- Roll the tortilla up like a burrito. First fold two sides in together. While holding the two folded edges, fold a third side of the tortilla over the filling and roll up.
Don’t forget to head over to Food Network’s Snapchat Discover Channel right now to watch the full video! Let me know what you think of the burrito and if you share a picture, tag or mention me: @Gourmet_Gab! I can’t wait to see. To watch behind the scenes of my cooking and Snapchat filming, follow me on Snapchat: GourmetGab.
Love food. Love self. Love life.